Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Music To My New York Streets.


Have you heard about the 'Play me I'm Yours' project? If you have, brownie points to you, I knew nothing about it. Well, I knew nothing about it until an old flame emailed me the link only a few days ago. Thank-you old flame, you're good for something (said with a wink and a smile)!


'Play Me I'm Yours' began in 2008 thrilling street traffic from London to Sydney, to Sao Paulo and now in NYC, with custom designed upright Pianos propped on the street for anyone to play. Is that cool or is that cool?!

This installation is currently giving NYC a musical voice, from now until July 5, as the charity behind the project 'Sing For Hope' has placed six pretty pianos in Manhattan, ten in Brooklyn, four in the Bronx, six in Queens and four on Staten Island.



If you like the sound of 'Play Me I'm Yours' then click here for Vanity Fair's and NY Times'say!

5 comments:

  1. This caused a big stir in sydney from memory, last year i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want them to come to melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good work T!
    TP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this!
    After Thailand it's NYC baby! Start saving :)
    Amor. xx J xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh my, you're leaving a comment. That means you've read my blog. I'm touched! Tuxedo x