Thursday, June 3, 2010

Up Close & Personal - Spooky Style


Today's the day that I generally bring you 'Up Close and Personal' however, this week, I have been deprived of fun things, sad things, freaky deaky things. Meaning, I got no material baby!

So instead of talking about me, which I do love to do, let me think - hmmm what's fun, sad and freaky deaky!? Thinking, thinking, thinking - oh of course...EDWARD SCISSORSHANDS, yep that movie definitely ticks all of those boxes.

Bet you're sitting at your desk reading this thinking... does this girl have her heads-in-the-clouds or what!? Where on earth did Edward Scissorshands come from!?

Well, first off - it's a fun, sad and v. freaky deaky movie and to be truthful; one of my all time fave flicks.

Secondly, it just so happens, that from June to October 2010, ACMI is hosting a unique exhibition direct from The Museum of Modern Art, New York from TIM BURTON (aka genius behind E.S.H plus other obscure big screen delights)...yes that's right - oh me oh my Tim Burton.

The exhibition brings together over 700 kooky works, including paintings, drawings, puppets, costumes, storyboards and film.


T H E T I M B U R T O N: T H E E X H I B I T I O N

Thursday 24 June - Sunday 10 October 2010
Open daily 10am-6pm. Special late night Thursdays until 10pm
Full $19 Concession $14

For a freaky fun time - purchase your tickets here!

3 comments:

  1. soo going. what are the dates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BS u have no material - I hear you might start pushing a new water, sourced from thailand.. coconuts..? ;)

    Hopefully see u tonight chica
    Muchos besos, J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love eward too!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh my, you're leaving a comment. That means you've read my blog. I'm touched! Tuxedo x