Thursday, May 20, 2010

Up Close & Personal - Volume Six

Up Close & Personal - Volume Six
Week Ending May 21



Thanks to the gentle push of my friend, I am back - ready to attack my, once weekly, UC&P post (yep, that's short for Up Close & Personal).

So let me see what's been goin' on this week or more-to-the-point this month!? My terrible neglect for UC&P would suggest not much, this is quite the understatement. I have started my drawing class with Patsy Fox Drawing Studio, chatted with two creative gems - Georgia Lazzaro and Sarah Hankinson (Q&A's to come - visit me next week) and went down the coast for some R&R with the fam for Mother's Day. You could say that my life is peachy at minute, I would have to agree.

To hone in on the Mother's Day R&R front - Mum and I, together with extended family, drove along the Great Ocean Road to Wye River; a very beautiful quiet spot. In Wye River there is nothing but the local Pub and the General Store. Yep, that's it!



The General Store
isn't that General at all. Instead, it is a casual restaurant that hums with goodness. From freshly brewed coffee to homemade bread to a hearty menu and open kitchen - The General Store has it covered. My take-a-break-tip...drive along the Great Ocean Road on a Sunday and stop by for The General Store to devour their signature Sunday Roast. It's a guaranteed great day!

Attached to the restaurant is an actual 'general store' (well, what do ya know) full of gourmet delights and those old-fashioned lollies I once loved. You know...Big Boss, Musk Sticks, Toffee Apples...



You may be wondering why I took photos of the blackboard (scroll up to refresh your memory)...well, can I tell you - I am a little obsessed with blackboard paint at the minute. A smear of the stuff completely changes the appeal of a drab wall in a flash. See idea's below from Sibella Court (who has absolutely nothing to do with The General Store, I just love her).



Buy Chalkboard paint here!

7 comments:

  1. Chalk coard paint is amazing. try it with peg board too in the kicthen

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeyyy ur back!
    love!
    xx J xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your mothers day looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. about time you came back xoxo cougs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like, can't wait for you to blog about how Thailand trip in September! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the "general store" in wye river should commiss. you - great shots, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Oh my, you're leaving a comment. That means you've read my blog. I'm touched! Tuxedo x