Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mr Lincoln


Do you know Mr Lincoln!? If not get yourself to Gertrude Street to check out this florist, it is my flowering fav! My heart melts over this place not only because I am a flower junkie but because Sarah, the mother nature behind the store, creates these fabulous window displays using recycled materials like old coke cans, smith's chip packets, tomato tins - you name it she has done it. These displays always get you thinking....

I took the pic above for a few reasons. One: I like the hessian wrap around the pot plant. Two: Sarah bought the a-frame for next to nothing and painted it with black board paint (cute right?) and three: I never knew ginger flowered, did you? I thought it was only one of those rooty kinds....see I told you she gets you thinking!

Mr Lincoln
102 Gertrude Street
Fitzroy

4 comments:

  1. Don't think you can eat that flowering ginger kind miss tuxedo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're still doing up close and personal tomorrow. Are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ginger its making me hungry for thai food. longrain or cookie?

    ReplyDelete

Oh my, you're leaving a comment. That means you've read my blog. I'm touched! Tuxedo x