Friday, February 19, 2010

Up Close & Personal



Dear Tuxedo Black Cashmere Pink - week ending Feb 19

Another week, another thing or two learned. This week, let me tell you, has been completely disastrous - everything has pushed my tolerance levels and for an intolerant person that's not a good thing.

What's that saying about bad luck? Is it that it generally comes in threes? Well, if that's it then this week for me has lived up to that saying plus some.

A Man in Need of an Education;
Last week a dashingly handsome young man asked me out for a bite. Instead of giving him my general 'sorry I am busy' line, I accepted. I mean, who could resist those rugged good looks he had going on!?

So Tuesday night rolled around, the big date night. At 8pm my phone alerted that I had a message. I thought surely not, that's not him. But to my slight disappointment it was him saying 'out the front'. Lesson one; either call to say you're out front or better yet bring the romance back - just knock on the door.

Anyway I decided not to judge to soon so with my tummy slightly growling with nerves (or was that hunger umm not sure), I gave myself a quick perfume spray and out the door I went only to be greeted by him still sitting in HIS CAR! Lesson two; get out of the car when you see the girl that you're about to head out with. I mean, really!? I contemplated pulling my second favorite 'sorry, I am just not feeling my best' line. But then I got a glimpse of that face and thought - my god you're gorgeous. Call me superficial but his looks seduced me into the car.

After a kiss on the cheek and a quick chat in his stationary car he then asked 'where do you want to go'. Oh my - you're kidding me right!? Lesson three; least have some idea of where you think we should go. I am positive that you would not go into a football match untrained or a meeting unprepared? I am right aren't I!? Then why on earth would go into a date with no idea?? What a nightmare this one was!

With it left up to me to call the shots, I then suggested that instead of dinner we should just have a drink around the corner from my apartment as I suddenly wasn't 'feeling my best' .

Oh Tuxedo Black Cashmere Pink where have all the nice boys gone?

My bad luck plus some moments:
  1. Noticing that the person you share an office with chews really loud (sorry I love you but didn't your mum ever tell you to chew with your mouth shut?)
  2. Being locked out of your apartment for over an hour in your pj's without a mobile phone
  3. Having fire fighters run through your apartment at six in the morning (reason unknown)
  4. And lastly having no choice but to listen to an awful fight and then the makeup sex of your neighbour
Anyway on a brighter note....here are things that haven't annoyed me this week:

Ate At - Longrain
Entree:
Betel leaf topped with prawn peanuts mint
& chilli paste
Shared Mains:
Steamed whole baby snapper with lemongrass
lime & roasted chilli paste and
Mussaman curry of mandagery creek venison with baby onions kipfler potatoes & peanuts
Dessert:
Samples plate of goodness

Listened To - Vampire Weekend
Particular Tracks - Campus and I Stand Corrected

Fall in Love With: Abbey Lee
The Vogue Spreed on Cover Girl - Abbey Lee

So if something annoyed you this week, or a man has really REALLY stuffed up a date or if you're loving something - drop me a line. I would love to know!

12 comments:

  1. That is so annoying when I guy picks you up for a first date and doesn't plan where your going. I get what your sayin.dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annoying things happening this week... Don't let me start...
    Same day drycleaning signs all over laundry type establishments. Same day my a**, unless you want to pay quadruple(same price as the garment itself) to further destroy their reputation they tell me they can't guarantee it'll be ready on the same day.
    So after i've visited five different places, I find one about 12kms away from work (yes I went on a d/c mission in work time) the next most annoying thing happens, I get 2 calls saying i'm needed back at work. ANNOYING

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am anoyed at people that chew loudly 2! How do you tell them to stop chewing so loud. Its bad when you notice it and it seems to get worse and worse and worse or louder and louder and louder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you're just precious?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey my Anonymous friends thanks for sharing your annoying things this week!!

    Re 'Perhaps you're just precious' No, not precious just expect some level of effort. (clearly you're a boy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I think it shows a lack of creativity by not having anything planned. I want someone who isn't afraid to take charge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe he wasn't into you? But then again he did ask you out...TAlk about CONFUSING

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh geez what a week and sorry but what a looser! knowing you and how much of a wonderful catch you would make this guy clearly needs a slap in the face to wake up to himself. completely his lose! is it bad that i was laughing at the end of this post? i cant beleive your week. i get the chewing thing too. and i want to hear more about 2. and 3. we used to get a lot of 4. upstairs in our appartment block too - not good : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dammit he beat me to the catch! I wanted to be the guy to fuck up the whole date... now i cant claim that i didn't know better, such a shame. But in any case, I guess my lack of rugged good looks would have left me at the initial "im not feeling my best line" if i even got past the "im busy" line.
    that being said,
    Lets grab dinner sometime?
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, sorry to hear about your bad date. Enjoyed reading your post though at least you can see the funny side of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. did you ever think he too may be nervous?

    have we at one point stepped back to consider the position of your date? all things said and done however, he should have knocked on the door.

    i might add one other thing, i fear that all he-men would believe the illustrious, uber cool 'royal saxon' is the perfect place for a date. but it's NOT. full stop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someones really given it to in a comment above ey?! Ouch! Think it's a defensive....

    ReplyDelete

Oh my, you're leaving a comment. That means you've read my blog. I'm touched! Tuxedo x