Friday, February 26, 2010

Up Close & Personal - Vol 3.


Dear Tuxedo Black Cashmere Pink - week ending Feb 26 (oh my god - feb is nearly finito - yikes)

What a pretty morning I woke up to today. Nothing makes me feel better than the morning sun, that semi cold but bearable air that gives you a minor head chill, and the noise the birds make in the tree outside of my bedroom (their species - sadly I do not know). My week on the other hand, like this pretty morning, has also been wonderful. I say wonderful because wonderful things have happened to me this week, things like - a complete stranger bought me a coffee because when I went to pay my wallet was pennyless, I shocked myself when I accomplished a 40km bike ride (afterward, quads not one bit sore), and remember how I blogged about my all time fav site, The Cool Hunter in 'The Greatest Site of em All'. Well Bill from the actual Cool Hunter itself yes that's right - The Cool Hunter, shocked me by emailing me this....

'I love your profile - well written and don't take comments seriously. Your blog is inspiring so if anyone has written something not so pleasant, its just out of jealousy or anger - water of a ducks back - don't think about - just delete' Bill.

I would love to tell you Bill's position but like the bird's species - it remains unknown. So to you Bill, you lovely man...thanks for taking 2 secs out of your day to write to little old me! You made me smile!

Okay now for the crescendo of this wonderful week; listen to this one or should I say read!?
An old high school crush emailed me saying that - whilst working in Japan he had stumbled across my blog and kinda liked it. This old high school crush liked it so much that he has referred my blog into a new International Fashion Maggie regarding a potential writing opportunity for me. There is one bummer though, the email was sent at the start of this month to my hotmail address which I never check, like never! So I have only just now responded, 3 weeks later. So please say a little prayer for me that it's not too late....please!

Anyway other things on the blogging agenda
For the month coming up I have some pretty exciting things to share with you!

1. Of course you'll be the first to know if this writing opportunity eventuates into something - you better be praying!

2. I have roped creatively inspiring young fashionable types into allowing me to write a little somethang about them. The first on the agenda is a stylist, only 24, accepted to do an internship at Vogue NYC. The second, a well know Makeup Artist and third you'll just have to wait with baited breath!

3. I am going to sign up to Patsyfox Drawing Salon to brush up on any old drawing skills that still remain. If my drawings are any good I will show you.

4. Lastly I have artwork coming for a new title for Tuxedo Black Cashmere Pink from a talented buddy of mine. Get ready for it, I think it's going to be super cute.

Now onto today's picture choice...I chose this picture because after doing the 40 km bike ride, which was amongst 6000 others and included peddling over the Westgate Bridge, I have decided that I love bikes - espesh these bikes from Pashley in the UK. Admittedly this love will only last for a few weeks but for now I want, I want, I WANT!!!

To wrap this one up - tell me has anything wonderful happened to you this week?

8 comments:

  1. Ha! How did bill find your post? how cool! He's probably only doing an internship you know. ; )
    Go to knog in chapel for a bike instead. they have cool bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty huge isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome week! what a contrast to last week. congrats on all the good things heading your way. you are very deserving xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. suena increible!! :)
    well done chica! u are so smart!!
    Besos, J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at that patsy link. Definitley do that and then the team up of you like of fashion and fashion drawings could be greta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. excuse me but now I have to find out these things about you via your blog?!??

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope it happens for you!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's amazing where a blog can take you, the internet allows you to reach audiences near and far with click of a button and a tap of the keyboard! in order to not miss out on your fantastic opp with Japan, send them something in the mail because no matter how powerful and useful tool the net is, people always love receiving something that has taken an effort to send! I sent a crazy looking resume to someone the other day (sorry i hand delivered it to the office - 10 points), and in turn got an interview! Bon chance my friend - your blog is fun, Im keen to follow! Love Jess xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh my, you're leaving a comment. That means you've read my blog. I'm touched! Tuxedo x