Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Eating Out

With friends raving about it and critics salivating over it, I thought its time that I try Izakaya Den and last night I did.

This new hidden Japanese Restaurant is the latest and perhaps greatest culinary delight to hit the polished plates of Melbourne's booming restaurant world. Nestled away under retail stores in the heart of the CBD lies this bustling restaurant offering an effortlessly decedent and mouth watering menu. The menu comes to you rolled up and secured with a rubber band - I nice touch I thought.

What I devoured in a flash:
Miso Soup with Blue Swimmer Crab Leg
(this involved using that awkward cracking tool - sorry beloved Izakaya Den you've lost one brownie point)

Wagyu Bresaola with Daikon Noodles and Seaweed Dressing

Kingfish Sashimi with Sesame Oil and Pickled Ginger

Greens with Fried Bean Curd in Sesame Water

What I slurped in a flash:
Sake Mojito (dreamy right) - Sake, Lime, Mint, Soda, Campari

So overall I give Izakaya Den 4 and a half Samurai Swords (yes clearly I loved it)

If you wanna experience Izakaya Den for yourself - click here
*Note that they don't take bookings for parties under 5.

1 comment:

  1. This place is great! My girlfriend and I ate there the other night. Didn't have what you did because shes vegetarian but still great.

    ReplyDelete

Oh my, you're leaving a comment. That means you've read my blog. I'm touched! Tuxedo x