Thursday, March 18, 2010

Up Close & Personal - Vol 6


Dear Tuxedo Black Cashmere Pink
week ending March 19

Today you can call me a liar (a nice one) as I am not delving deep, this post will not be overly personal. Sorry my Up Close & Personal devotees! BUT what I can promise, is that, it will be up close.

Last night I had an up close view at what Yen presented at the L'Oreal Fashion Festival Runway 6 and can I just say; it was a marvelous. The labels turning heads - left, right, left, right - were ALPHA60, Carly Hunter (um question - where on earth did she come from? oh me oh my - amazing), Jack London, Limedrop, Nom*D, Six, TV and Zambesi. With unnecessarily but still fabulous over-sized jackets, cut out leggings, neon lime sheer hooded vests, exposed zips, jumpers tied around heads all designers completely wowed the crowd which was jam-packed with media, the nervo twins with amazing hair, other designers and of course my two friends and I (sitting 3 rows from the back).

Whilst I adored the garments on parade, what was most impressive was how some art-loving designers put on a visual display. This was projected to the wall behind the catwalk acting as an intro to their show. So instead of clicking away at beautiful but semi-too-skeletal models, I chose to point my lens at these. Here is what I snapped....they turned out vintagy (so hot right now) or hazy - i likey!

RUNWAY 6 (Clockwork Orange Inspired a.k.a spooky)


NOM*D




LIMEDROP





ALPHA60


L’OrĂ©al Paris Runway 6.
presented by Yen
ALPHA60, Carly Hunter, Jack London,
Limedrop, Nom*D, ROY, S!X, TV, Zambesi
Venue: Peninsula,
Central Pier, Docklands

4 comments:

  1. I prefer it when you talk boys : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. first pic is great. carly hunter has been around for a while. she does really great thinsg

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo i love your alpha 60 pics! super : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.lomography.com/photos

    ReplyDelete

Oh my, you're leaving a comment. That means you've read my blog. I'm touched! Tuxedo x